How is FuelSpec® Combustion Catalyst Impacting the Shipping Industry?
- Easy Target for Regulators - Despite being the most eco-friendly mode of transport, the shipping industry impacts global warming due to its sheer scale and its dependence on heavy fuel oil (“HFO”).
- Bottom Line – A struggling world economy, coupled with the industry’s overcapacity issues, help squeeze shipping margins to ports around the world.
- Environmental Regulations – Compliance while operating in Emission Control Areas forces ships to manage multiple grades of fuel, which can hinder engine performance and delivery schedules.
- FuelSpec is a positive rate of return product - Your fuel savings are greater than your costs of FuelSpec®. Your margins will improve to the benefit of your stockholders, or you can pass the benefit to your customer and become more competitive.
- Your engines will burn fuel more efficiently - Your operating and maintenance costs will drop, improving your bottom line.
- With FuelSpec, your estimated emissions reductions by fuel-type are:
- Let us prove it to you...
|Compound||% Reduction Using HFO||% Reduction Using MGO|
|Particulate Master (PM)||90%||90%|
|Carbon Monoxide (CO)||60%||40%|
|Nitrogen Oxide (NOx)||40%||40%|